Saturday, June 02, 2007

I am raising a giant!

My 23-month-old has already outgrown her car seat! How can that be? In April, she was 39.6 pounds, and car seats only go up to 40 pounds! I didn't think we'd be at this point until she was 4 or so, and then I could get her a booster seat.

It looks like I'll have to get her the fancy-schmancy Britax car seat. Online, they go for around $269. Yikes! They are rated up to 80 pounds though, so that should last her a couple more years.

Boy, buying a car seat a year is getting old! I am scouring Craig's List and eBay in hopes of a deal. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Flawed And Disorderly said...

Ha ha! She is a giant. You will be rich one day because of it. She'll be famous, and she'll remember the day when you had to spend a boat load of money on her car seat so prematurely.

headlesschickie said...

This may be ENTIRELY too late. But my Eddie Bauer cosco seats go up to 80 lbs, and turn into boosters.

Also, fisher price sells a britax with their label on it. It's called the voyager deluxe or something. I just got one for my tiny child.

Coba weighs 41 lbs. by the way!!! But I'm a little worried about him. He looks like a famine victim, but eats like a king...