Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Poetry

We cleaned out my grandmother's apartment this weekend. It was not an easy thing to do, because she lived surrounded by things that were very special to her. She had pottery from all over the world, the Ethan Allen furniture that was in her house where my mom grew up, pictures from generations ago, and crafts that family members had lovingly made for her.

The highlight of the weekend came when cleaning out her sewing basket. We came across a poem written on a scrap of paper. I think she was going to needlepoint it. It just shows her wry sense of humor, and had us all cracking up.

When sweetness fails,
And tears don't work,
BITCH!

1 comment:

Dana Lynne said...

Awww, how sweet ;) That's awesome - she sounds like my grandmother - the one I've always called, "my cool grandma"...sounds like you had a good time and that it was special :)