Thursday, June 21, 2007

Target sucks!

I went to Target today to return something, and they stated that since I didn't have a receipt (it was a gift) I had to choose something out of the same department worth that amount of money.

Okaaaaay... I went to the back of the store, found the items that would work, and went back to customer service. A different gal was there, and she asked to see my license. After entering the number, she told me that I couldn't return any items on that license! She said you are only allowed to return two items in a "rolling" year! I asked her to find out what dates I had returned items. After dialing a number and waiting on hold forever, she wrote down the following dates:

2/17/2007
6/26/2006

Yes, that's right. Nearly a year ago to the day I returned something. I asked her if there was any way I could go ahead and return it today and save myself the trip, and she said there was nothing she could do. I asked her if I could return in five days and bring back the item, and she said yes. What?!? How will five days make it all better? It's the same item, and most likely will be the same price. But today they can't take it back.

That 2-items-returned-within-a-year rule is ridiculous.

No comments: