Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Day!

I was so fortunate today in that I was able to take my classes into a classroom with a TV, and we watched the inauguration live. No matter your political affiliation, you can't help but get swept up in the emotion of it all. It is such a moving, touching experience, to watch a man that was not born under ideal circumstances, become leader of the free world. He is truly a story of "pulling yourself up by your bootstraps" and doing what you put your mind to do.

I am glad that the media is finally going to have a president that they approve of. I got so sick of the Bush-bashing over the last several years. Yes, he made mistakes, but you never got to hear of the good things that he did while he was in office. I am hoping that with Obama starting off on such a positive note, he will continue to shine in the media's eyes. It gets old hearing negativity non-stop. I'm eager to hear some good news for a while.

Even my 3-year-old talked about President Obama in school today. When I turned on the news tonight, she said "That's our president!" I know she won't remember this day, but I will.





I will leave you with this. I still have chills from hearing it.

No comments: