Sunday, November 04, 2007

New York, New York

My mom and I have been in New York for the past 4 days. We came up for my sister's graduation from Columbia. She now has an Executive Masters in Public Health. Woo-hoo... go Meg!



We've had the most wonderful time. The weather has been exceptionally gorgeous, and we've gotten to see a lot of family members we haven't seen in a long time, and ones we've never met before (Eleanor, 9 months).



We were fortunate enough to see the Olympic Trials marathon yesterday morning, but saddened by the collapse and death of one of the athletes. We were so inspired this morning by cheering on the runners in the New York City Marathon. They really make you think "I can do that!" Lance Armstrong ran right in front of us.

Last night we saw "Wicked." I am singing the songs today, and wishing I could see it again.

We have eaten the most wonderful food. Every restaurant has been great, even the one that serves nothing but macaroni and cheese.

I played on a Skeeball team -- and scored highest for my team! It was so much fun, and my mother even came to watch.

I hope to post pictures in a day or two, after I get back. It's been such a whirlwind of activity, but it's been a fabulous time.

2 comments:

Amberly said...

How fun! I've been to NY once & I LOVED it!! What a great city!

headlesschickie said...

Those are great pics!! I love that last one. Frame it for a Christmas gift!!