Monday, March 19, 2007

Giddy for Jackopierce!

I am so excited... my favorite college band is reuniting and putting on a show in Dallas on July 28th! They will be playing at the brand new House of Blues. I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

Jack O'Neill and Cary Pierce are an acoustic folk/rock duo that met, I believe, at SMU. They toured the college circuit, and were regulars at A&M. They put out an album with a full band, but they are at their best when it's just the two of them. There's nothing sexier than a guy (or two) and a guitar!

"Vineyard"

It's six o'clock now in the morning
As I wait for my train to come
To take me somewhere just outside of Boston
As I run to find the other sun

Now I'm leaving more behind than I care to talk about
Just more pain than this heart of mine can use
As this big world's always spinning
All that I thought I was winningI never thought, I never thought I'd lose

And this great force it takes me to the ferry
To cross wind and water so untamed
And while on that ship my life just seems so very
Small in comparison to everything around

There's a girl over there she's got mahogany hair
And eyes of sweet amethyst
I bow as she curtseys
She doesn't look like she's gonna hurt me
So I decide to add her to my listAnd she says
She says

Won't you stay on the vineyard for the summer
Won't you stay on the vineyard for the year
We'll find a little house down there in Oak Bluffs
And our children is all that we hear

I'm not very savvy with the audio HTML links, but you can scroll down to "Vineyard" and listen here:

http://www.amazon.com/Woman-As-Salvation-Jackopierce/dp/B00000187E/ref=pd_sim_m_3/104-0823522-2980724?%5Fencoding=UTF8&qid=1174358701&sr=8-1

4 comments:

MustangChick74 said...

Woo hoo!!! I wish I could go to the concert, I haven't heard anyone talk about Jackopierce in so long!!! And I love the Vineyard song!!!

*sigh* now I have to go dig out my CDs!!!!

MustangChick74 said...

Oh, this is awesome! I've got Music Jackbox on my work computer and they have FOUR cds from Jackopierce!

Music is so good, but there's so much of it that I forget....

Anyway, I'll leave you alone now.

Shelly

Erin said...

I'm so glad someone else knows them! They really are a great band. They just make me feel mellow and happy.

Ladybug said...

We have a house of blues?!