Monday, March 26, 2007



Black and Blue


I am a battered woman. Now, before you direct me to the nearest shelter, it's not from my husband. It's from my 21-month-old.


On Saturday, she was sitting on the floor in front of me, and reared back with such force, I felt her skull hit my kneecap. We were both practically in tears, but we both recovered our composure quickly. I just have a nice bruise to show for it. Her head seems to have no lasting effects.


Yesterday, she was sitting on my lap on the couch, and she brought her head back directly into my lip. I had two very fat lips for the remainder of the evening. The seem to have disappeared by this morning, but I am now very gun-shy around that noggin of hers.


My daughter, the battering ram:

2 comments:

OhTheJoys said...

The Mayor bashes me in the face with his head so hard I cry.

Ladybug said...

Ouch. I've been bonked in the lips a couple of times by Nyssa's head already. I've learned I can't look at her while she's propped up on my shoulder.