Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Body Worlds
On Monday, I went with a friend to the Body Worlds exhibit. If you have not heard of this, it is actual bodies that have been injected with this plasticine stuff, and it preserves them. The bodies are displayed in ways that showcase different organs and systems. You can really see the muscles and the blood vessels. It is absolutely fascinating. It was not gross or sensationalistic or exploitive. It is strictly an anatomy lesson. I loved it!
I had K with me. I thought she would sit contentedly in her stroller. Ha! She is at the age (she'll be 2 in June) when she just wants to GO! She wanted out of her stroller, and then she wanted to push the stroller! I couldn't let her do that, because it was crowded and I knew she would bash into people. I tried to hold her, but she just screamed. I was getting dirty looks from other people that had paid $23 to get in, and they didn't want to listen to a screaming toddler. I can't blame them. If I had been by myself, I probably would have just left. My friend wanted to read every sign. She really got her money's worth. I can't blame her, either. K and I ended up playing in a stairwell for awhile, letting my friend catch up to us, whisking around the next room quickly to see the next exhibits, going back to the stairwell, etc.

That doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement, but it truly is. It is awesome, and you really should go if you get the chance. http://www.bodyworlds.com Just leave the young 'uns at home.


1 comment:

Flawed And Disorderly said...

I find that to be interesting yet creepy at the very same time. Kind of like the movie I'm watching--Silence of the Lambs.

I guess it doesn't have to "rub the lotion on its skin" if it is filled with plasti-whatever. Ew. Oh, that was a S of the Lambs reference. Sorry. I forget not everyone is as into creepy movies as I am. :D