Tuesday, January 30, 2007

16 Kids.....

Wow. I just watched On the Road with 16 Kids on TLC. It is exactly what it sounds like. The Duggar family from Arkansas (where else?) has 16 (count 'em!) children, and TLC paid for them to go on a month-long vacation -- in an RV! They seem like a genuinely nice family, and all of the kids are well cared for, but it's just a little creepy.

Of course, they are all home-schooled. I think that's a requirement for families with 7 or more children. They have tons of chores, which can be a good thing. The older ones care for the younger ones. I just wonder if they have any social interaction outside of their own family.

Oh, and all of their names begin with J. The dad is Jim Bob (no lie). I am placing bets that the next one will be named Jesus.

3 comments:

headlesschickie said...

Sa-weet! Erin, I didn't know you started one until I read your comment about Jennifer making us look bad. I feel the same way!

The way I see it, Jennifer is way out of our league. She has been honing her skill for a year, was a creative writing teacher, AND has superhuman comedy genes! I give up.

But I'm glad you're in on the fun. I too am a sporadic poster. People can always drop by once a month and read a few at a time, the way I see it. Welcome!

Ladybug said...

You know my dad was one of fifteen kids, right?

:-)

Erin said...

That's right! I just can't fathom it. Maybe it comes from having such a small family, but I like my privacy, and I can't imagine getting any with at least a dozen other people living under the same roof. I know some people thrive on that kind of chaos, but I don't think I could do it.

(Watch me have 8 more kids by the time I'm 40. Ha!)