Monday, June 09, 2008

It's a Potty Party!

My black lab has had some, uh, bowel incontinence issues lately. It's off and on, so it's very hard to predict. We went to the vet this morning, and they really want a stool sample so they can rule out a few things. Since we have two dogs, I can't just pick up a pile in the backyard. I have to physically watch him do it. That means I am following him around every time I let him outside.

My daughter will be three next week. She still wears diapers, so starting today, it is The Summer of Potty-Training. She has panties on right now, so we're sitting on the potty every 30 minutes. I'm also asking her every five minutes, "Are your panties dry? How are your panties? Do you need to potty?"

I am very eager to stop following things around and watching them go to the bathroom.

1 comment:

headlesschickie said...

I just saw a lady on the Today show yesterday...check it out. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25057503/

I don't agree with training in one day, but I do think that once they get the lightbulb moment of how to let their pee out it is just a matter of practice. That's the hardest part... So I agreed with alot of what this woman said.

I think the cleaning up after oneself was a little excessive, unless they are willfully refusing to learn to use the potty.

Good luck! Nothing like being stuck at the house for a week!